Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

What have I been doing?

Only 8 days left until the big race…after a year of planning, preparing, and training for the Arrowheadultra.  During these past weekends, I am trying to work on some problems that I had in the previous race (Tuscobia), for a minor problem could cost me the race, which is not at all pleasant.  One issue is to prevent water from freezing, so I went out to purchase two one-liter thermos, one for the Gatorade and the other for the Perpetuem.   Both thermos will be in an insulated bag along with some cheese, peanuts, almonds, raisins, chocolate bars, protein bars and carbohydrate, and others.


In terms of my training, I work on my speed and strength that I will need after mile 70, as previous Arrowhead runners have commented on how this part will have many ups and downs in terms of adaptation to the cold.  So, I tried to get some training in on the coldest nights a few days ago; the temperature was -24 F( -31 Celcius), and on these same nights, the temperature in International Falls was -42 F!  Now I have to strategize to fight the cold and stay mentally tough.  After next week, you can check out my blog for the Arrowheadultra news.  Hopefully, I’ll bring home the cool trophy as my 36th birthday present! 

1 comment:

luis guerrero said...

Que lastima que no te fue posible terminar Arrowhead. Yo llevo ya 16 ultras de 100 millas, de los cuales tengo 15 silver buckles. Hace dos semanas corri RR100 miles contra Jurek, Korner, Metzler, Kuprika, y llegue en lugar 10. Tambien termine Spartathlon, llevo 5 marathons des Sables (todo entre los primeros 35 lugares), fui 2do lugar en las 100 millas del Himalaya. Y coincidentemente me llamo Luis Guerrero MARRON...

Cuando necesites consejos, buscame. ultra160km@hotmail.com

Saludos,
Luis Guerrero Marrón