Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Off season?

After three weeks without running a single mile in order to rest my muscles and also to spend more time with my family, I began my training last Sunday for two races that I'll have this winter, Tuscobia 150 mile and Arrowhead 135 mile. My training includes obviously running, winter camping,testing new gear, fixing old gear, and also some Do it Yourself (DIY) projects.

As you know, I like to do most of the outdoors sports, and this winter I'm planing to do snowshoeing on the Superior Hiking Trail. I hear from some friends that the snow can be up to 40" deep, to be sure of that I will go there and get some fun.

Ice climbing. Oh yeah! This year I'm looking forward to attend some ice climbing workshop sessions with the purpose of improve my technique. It will be from December 16th - 18th the Sandstone Ice Festival, two weeks before Tuscobia 150, so I'll have careful and avoid any possible injury.

I also have not done country skiing, so this winter I will do that. I've seen some videos on You Tube, hopefully it will help me.

Do you know that I'm have a 2 years old boy? Well, this summer I took him to the trail, and in the coming weeks I will be working on my training sled to make it warm and comfy so I can bring my little boy and show him the beauty of winter.










No comments: