Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Please do not wake me up!


       I was in somewhere in Mexico when I got a call from the Mexican Army. They told me that I had to report immediately to my very last unit -the Special Forces Air Mobile Group (GAFE), and without questions, I did, as when I heard about about it, it made my day.

At the base, I heard from someone that Mexico was in war with another country and needed every single soldier who had been in the Army in the past years to join the unit, but of course, we had to past once again some tests just in case. I didn't any problems at all. The only thing was I hadn't been in the Special Forces for a long time; therefore, I wasn't able to join anymore and I was placed in some conventional unit. And if I'm lucky, then in few years maybe I could re-apply, but I remember clearly that was not what they told me when I graduated from the basic training -once you became a Special Forces elite of the Army, you remain so until the day you die.

Suddenly, I felt something crawling on me, and when I opened my eye, guess? it was my baby. This couldn't be true this whole time I was dreaming. I checked my watch; it was 8:19 am on Saturday -Holly cow! I had to get up because last night I planned on getting up by 6:30 am to do some mountain biking (MTB).
So, I got ready and I drove to Red Wing Memorial Park, and my plan was to do 5 hours of MTB; however thing didn't work out well. I stopped for gas, for a 16 oz. Colombian coffee, and some teddy bear cookies for breakfast. At the park as usual, nobody was there; it was already late, weather was cloudy and chilly. Thankfully, I dressed warm and had my sip of hot coffee before headed off for the trail.

I've been on this trail before running, but never on bike. It took me a while to warm up, but after that, I got familiar with the trail and I went a bit faster on the trail. The trail is a single track with some technical areas of drops where I had to get off the bike occasionally. At the end of it all, I sure had a couple hours of fun with just me and the trail, so peacefully.

It was not time to come back to the Cities since I stayed in Rochester on Friday night. I was hoping to come back by 6:30 pm because I wanted to go see the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) ceremony.
Once I got the ceremony place, I walked so fast because I had a feeling the ceremony was about to finish. Lucky me, I saw the last 5 minutes of it. I got a chance to see and talked to some friends, along with some yummy foods (rice,beans,chilli, and tortilla).

Now I'm looking forward to the Banff Mountain Festival Film, as I bought a ticket on Sunday.





No comments: